For many years I have been involved in teaching and education. During my professional development in education I completed my first counselling qualification, a Diploma in Humanistic Counselling and Psychotherapy. Following this training, I became committed to understanding people’s psyche and to offering help to those experiencing psychological distress.
Throughout my training and practice as a therapist I have developed a belief in the importance of a genuine relationship in the psychological healing process, and in the capacity of each one of us to find within ourselves hidden resources for healing. Together with the integrative use of differing therapeutic approaches, I believe deep-seated, emotional issues can be explored and resolved, and we can find fulfilment.
To consider whether the therapeutic approach I provide may be suitable for you, please read more under My Approach.
- MA Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (2010)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (2007)
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling and Psychotherapy (2005)
I have experience of the following:
- Working in an NHS psychotherapy unit
- Providing counselling for prisoners in London prisons
- Counselling voluntary carers with Rethink and a local authority organisation for carers
- Providing long-term psychotherapy for an independently run charitable organisation
- Short-term counselling for patients from a GP surgery
Practising in these contexts has given me valuable experience and learning about people of different cultures, race, ethnicity, sexuality and gender. I try to relate and meet everyone as an equal.
- M Ed (Special Educational Needs) (1999)
- B Ed (Honours) (1991)
- HND Business Studies
- Diploma in Marketing